Tuesday 23 June 2015

JUNE CALENDAR BY CLARE

Hello how are you? 

Today I'm (Clare) sharing with you my calendar project for June which I have focused around Fathers Day. My pages are normally quite bright and colourful but I think the gloomy weather we have been having recently has played a part in my colour choice. So if anyone has seen summer can you send it my direction! lol.

 

Here are some close up shots







Below are quick and simple step by step instructions.

1 - Cut a piece of white card measuring 18cm x 14cm.

2 - Distress the whole page using tumbled glass distress inks and a blending tool.

3 - Stencil a brick background (Tim Holtz) using weathered wood distress inks and a stencil dauber.

4 - Stamp twice, Sid the Robot from my Special Editions stamp set with Tuxedo black Memento ink and a clear acrylic stamp block. 

5 - Colour both images using alcohol markers. You only need to colour the centre of the second image. Here I used a selection of cool greys from Shinhan.

6 - Cut out both coloured images.

7 - Add foam pads to the back of both pieces to create dimension. (stix2)

8 - Die cut a 'Hello' sentiment and some circles from a tag die ( Sizzix) and glue in place.

9 - Add words and letters again adding foam pads to the back for dimension.

10 - Finally add a lightening flash embellishment. This one came in an earlier Few Of My Favourites Things monthly kit by Sarah. You can subscribe here!



Products used




I hope you have enjoyed my post today as well as discovering the many other posts by the aamzing design team.

If you missed my last post you can find it here.

Take Care

Clare x

3 comments:

  1. These are my favourite colours to use even on a sunny day, they blend perfectly together.... Just right for a 'cool' robot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire and it always nice to try new colour combos and def one I'll use again. I think Sid is a very cool robot too ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the layered background and all the embellishments! x

    ReplyDelete