Saturday 28 March 2015

Watercolor play

Happy Saturday! Its Ria here today.

Watercolor has been on trend for a while in card making. Its only lately however that I've been playing with watercolor and this card is one of them.

Today's card is simply a watercolor play using Sarah's Charm Street Cuties stamp.

Here's a quick look of the supplies I used, stamps and watercolor mainly are used.


First off is to stamp the main image in a watercolor paper.


I then placed the stamped paper into a wooden board and adhere them temporarily with washi tapes. This will hold the paper well and support the curling of paper while its all wet during the process.

 

Then I started coloring the face, I diluted the brown color with lots of water to have this very light brown color for the skin


I then moved to color the hair with yellow, red and brown.


The clothes and background were the last to color.


While my watercolor piece is drying, I later move to stamp my sentiment using the Alpha stamp sets. One good thing about these alpha set is you can customized the sentiment as you wish.


I colored the outlined stamped sentiment using the block stamp, this time coloring it off-set

  
And here it is after coloring using the block stamps


I then went back to add some hearts in the colored image, I find the lower left area to miss something so I added these two hearts using second generation stamping using distress inks.


And the final card detail..


and the full card, clean and simple.


That's it for today and happy weekend everyone!


Supplies used
Charm Street Cuties Thinking of You Clear Stamp Set
Block Alpha Stamps
Outline Alpha Stamps
Ink pads
Watercolor
Watercolor paper & brush

3 comments: