Thursday 13 November 2014

Reach for the stars

Hi all,

Nicole here with you today to share a quick and fun card project that stretches the use of your supplies! I made a little tutorial on this for you all so that you can see just how easy it is!

First up I cut out the Sarah Hurley Star Circle from the Silhouette store. I put this in a cardboard box I have for spraying things and sprayed it with some yellow and orange mists.


I then cut down a piece of Sarah Hurley card in a lovely butter yellow colour to 13*13 cm. The journaling card I wanted to use was a little bit too wide so I cut it down as you can see in the image below, making sure to center the image and text on it.


I gave the yellow card a spritz of white ink to add some more interest and to look like more stars on it!

I then glued down the journalling card to the yellow card and matted this onto a piece of black card stock. I then adhered all of this onto a 13.5*13.5 white card base.


I then trimmed some of the stars out of my cut shape to reveal the sentiment on the journalling card. I kept the stars  cut out and added a few of them back onto the card outside of the circle.


Et voila....the card is complete!  I love the fun look the cut out circle gives and the sentiment on the journalling card peeking out from behind the stars is cute!


I hope you enjoyed this little step by step today and that it inspires you to get more from your supplies!!

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant Nicole, I would never have thought of layering pieces this way. It really works x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial, really love how you have adapted the template, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Nicole, the Silhoutte files are so versatile. The stars are a gorgeous colour xx

    ReplyDelete