Monday 15 September 2014

Distress Ink and Die Cut background

Hi and welcome to the Sarah Hurley blog.

Today I (Clare) want to share a card I made in a style which is a little unusual for  me. I think it's good just to play or try out new ideas and see where they lead. The idea was to create a background using my TH inks then add a large die cut layer, which I received from my lovely design team member Carol. If I'm honest I was thrilled how well it turned out.

Below is  a picture of what I used to create my background.



 I also decided to use the Doodle Doll Princes Girl stamp set and for once I wasn't going to colour the hair brown, I was going to be brave and use orange!

 After stamping and colouring in the princess and crown using Promarkers, I cut them out and added foam pads to create depth. Finally the sentiment was stamped and cut out,again using foam pads to create depth.

Here's the finished card


Stamps - Doodle Doll-Princes Girl

Thanks for stopping by

Clare x

2 comments:

  1. I love that background through that gorgeous die cut. what a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card as always Clare, I love the inky background xx

    ReplyDelete