Friday 12 September 2014

An Altered Tin

Hello there!
Claire S here, how are you today?

I thought I'd share my Buttons Challenge piece in a bit more detail today.

I love little tins and boxes, they're so useful for little bits and bobs, but sometimes they look a little boring so I have a habit of altering them a bit...


This little tin was just a plain silver tin, nothing special, but I wanted something to hold Christmas buttons and journaling cards, I also like the contents of  my altered tins and boxes to be clearly identified by the outside of the tin so I don't have to look inside each one when looking for something.
I covered the top of the tin in red paper from one of Sarah's kits and also grabbed a couple of journaling cards. I used stamps from Sarah's Special Edition Stamps by Jaine Drake. I also used some gold glittery cardstock and a scalloped edge punch to create a border across the top of the tin. Finally I added a selection of white and red buttons and one of Sarah's Wreath Button Badges to finish it off.

Well that's all from me for today, you still have plenty of time to enter our buttons challenge - the deadline is 25th September and winners will be announced on the 28th.

Take care & hope to see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment