Saturday 30 August 2014

Decorated Ref Magnet - DIY

Happy Saturday everyone! It's Ria here today.

I was keeping some bottle caps to use for some craft projects and thought this is the time to finally make use of them. I have small papers and embellishments that usually lays around after doing a project. Most times I keep those that I think will still be useful as accents or scratch piece to try out some stamping before making them in big areas.

This decorated ref magnet is a fun project to make and definitely uses my scrap paper piece to create another fun piece of art. Here's a quick look in the supplies I used


In photo, I already die cut the scallop shape circle but you can also do a simple circle by tracing the cap and cutting them free-hand.


I then colored the black & white drawings with Promarkers and added some Wink of stella for some shimmer fun. I also stamped the plain piece with the mini-stamp set and also cut some small  piece of embellishment to add on the top of the cap as decor.

Here's the assembled pieces, at the back I put a smaller cap in the middle to hold the magnet. I use a strong adhesive to glue them down.


I also put a gray strip in the side of the cap for a more polish look in the sides. Here with the magnets


 And the finish decor


Now at my refrigerator to hold some reminders and things to do :)


This is it for now and till next time!

Supplies used:
A Few of my Favourite Things - Tropical Favourites
A Few of my Favourite Things - March kit
Butterfly embellishment
Others: Flat top bottle caps, magnets, glue, extra strength glue
Promarker, ink pads, Scallop shape die




1 comment:

  1. These are brilliant Ria, so cute and brilliant way to bring those snippets of paper into everyday life x

    ReplyDelete