Thursday 31 July 2014

I Phone 5 Cover Insert

Today, I  (Susie) am lucky enough to be back as guest designer for Sarah Hurley and thought I'd make something different. My beloved iPhone 5 has a clear cover and I decided that my existing paper insert needed changed. And I decided that some nice bright pink and teal was in order! These papers are from Sarah's A Few of My Favourite Things kits, as are the rose, flower and leaves.




To start with, I measured clear plastic part of my cover. For my iPhone 5 cover, this was 5.9cm wide and 12.4cm long.




I cut my chosen paper to these measurements and rounded each corner with my corner punch:



 I'm a bit of a control freak, so I placed the paper inside the cover to check the fit. Whilst it was there, I marked the hole for the camera. Then, I removed it and cut out the hole with a craft knife:


I then checked the fit again and cut a tiny bit extra out.

Then the fun can begin and you can decorate however you like. BUT definitely keep it flat and with not too many layers, otherwise the cover won't fit the phone properly (I tried with a lovely bit of daisy ribbon, but it was too thick!). As you can see, I opted for a few paper layers, some stamped flowers/leaves and Stickles in Silver and Stardust to complete them.


Supplies:
Papers, flowers and leaves - My Favourite Things Kit
Stickles - Stardust and Silver
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment