Tuesday 27 May 2014

Journalling Page Layout

Hi all,

It's Nicole here today to share a rare event from me - a layout! I tend to do a digital layout once in a blue moon. I always do them in A4 size with the idea that I will eventually get them all put into one of those digital photo books that you can get printed. I recently visited an alpaca farm and spent a day helping out at their shearing event -  long story! I got some great photos that I thought deserved a page so here you are....

I used the April 'A Few of My Favourite Things' Digital 365 kit for this one. I love the colours and patterns of the journaling cards in this kit. I knew I was unlikely to print them out and use them as journaling cards so I created this page instead. I used Photoshop but you could use any program really. I laid the cards out and cropped my photos to fit along the right hand side. I added the title using a font called Sketch Block. The date was added using the Sarah Hurley Handwriting font which is available here.
You could do this technique with pre-printed journaling cards or the cards from the physical kits too. It would look very fun stitched down too - real or faux. On this layout I liked the graphic clean look though.

Thanks for stopping by today. Our new challenge is up tomorrow so make sure you drop back in again to check it out!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fab way to use the cards and the pictures are so much fun. It shows how to get more out of your papers and cards.

    ReplyDelete