Sunday 20 April 2014

Art Journaling with the Doodle Dolls

Hello Claireliz here.

Happy Easter, I wish you many chocolate eggs!

I've been having a play in my art journal with Sarah's Doodle Doll stamps, One of the sayings from Sarah's Princess Doodle Doll stamp set has kind of stuck with me...

"Always wear your invisible crown"

Personally I think that is a great bit of advice, no matter where you are or what you are doing, always wear your invisible crown, this was my starting point for this journal page....


I sprayed the background with aqua spray ink, whilst that was drying I stamped the six Doodle Dolls - Be Amazing, Princess, Wish Upon A Star, Dream a Little Dream, Art Girl and last but not least Zombie Girl (because we all have days when we don't feel our best), Whilst the ink was drying on the dolls I returned to the journal page, I used Sarah's Chevron Stencil & some Faded Jeans Distress Ink to create the chevrons in opposite corners, then I stamped around the edges of the page using the stamps from the Doodle Doll sets & different coloured inks. 
I coloured all of the Doodle Dolls with Promakers, glued them to the page & drew around them with a black pen. 
I stamped the phrase "Always wear your invisible crown" using Sarah's Alpha Block stamp set & I stamped the word "invisible" in blue to make it a bit more invisible.

I wanted to give each Doodle Doll an invisible crown so I used the crown stamp from the Princess Doodle Doll stamp & stamped it onto each Doodle Dolls head, then instead of colouring them in I used clear Stickles to create the look of an invisible crown...


Finally I used some hot pink polka dot paper from one of Sarah's AFOMFT kits, I stamped stars onto the paper, cut them out & attached them to the page.


That's all from me for today, I hope you all have a lovely time & enjoy the chocolate, don't forget to always wear your invisible crown.

Take care & hope to see you soon.

C xx




3 comments:

  1. Great pages Claire - I love the 'zombie'...she is so "me" at the moment LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Claire, I love this. The crowns are so pretty with the glitter, it really is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and pretty with all the glitter x

    ReplyDelete