Saturday 8 February 2014

Love is all around.

Hello and happy Saturday, it's Carol here with my showcase post. And this time I decided to play some more with my Cameo using some of Sarah's designs from the Silhouette Store.  There are lots of great designs to choose from, and the Valentines Day ones are just adorable.

I thought a "treat wheel" would be a different idea for a Valentines card, though it could easily be used for any occasion, or just when you think someone needs a wee treat.  I used the Heart Viewfinder as the main focus for my card and cut it out in two different colours to layer it up. I printed out a journalling card from the Oz Digi Kit and used it as my treat guide.  I thought mini love heart buttons would be a cute way of marking the wheel, and I used the Heart Arrow as my spinner, and added a love heart brad to it.  For the background I used pink chevron paper from Book Worm Digi Kit and printed it onto glossy photo paper to make is super shiny.  The Set of 3 Swag Heart Banners are so pretty that I used them as a background embellishment, though I only used two of them and pinned them down with the heart cut outs from the viewfinder.


I hope this inspires you to try something different this Valentines Day, or just surprise someone with a treat wheel card.

Thanks for popping by, have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Carol .....just thinking of the wonderful treats you could include xxx

    ReplyDelete