Thursday 2 May 2013

Challenge 80 - Shades of Blue

Hi everyone, Nicole here to announce the new challenge. This months challenge is all about 'Shades of Blue'! A few of us on this team seem to have a love of all things blue, and shades of blue. So we are celebrating it, let us see your projects including lots of blue! 

There is some fantastic inspiration from the team, including our new guest and team members!!

Meet our fabulous guest designers 


 
I used paper and image from the Oz digi kit, the sentiment I made up on the computer. The image was coloured with promarkers and added sakura pen for the glitter. Dark blue card was from my own stash.



I used Serif Craft Artist and the Gatsby by Sarah Hurley digi kit. I pulled on some materials and cut them with the digi scissors. I made a frame out of the Art Deco blue embellishment and popped in my picture. I then used some more embellishments to finish of the project.
Our newest DT members

Ria

Ria used elements from the Expedition kit to make this gorgeous card!


Claire Newcombe




I used craft artist to create all the hexagons from the blue papers from 4 if Sarah Hurley kits (couldn't decide on which, so went for them all :-D). The tin man coloured with promarkers (ice grey 1, 2, & 4, and finished with powder blue) spellbinders a4 embossing folder and a bit of chipped sapphire DI. All made on a 8x8 card.

Lydia


I used gorgeous papers from both All Sewn Up and Retro Home kits and one of the fab All Sewn Up digis coloured up with Copics .

Clare
 

Papers - Oz- Scattered Stars
Stamps - Wish Upon A Star, Dream A Little Dream, Be amazing & Mini Textured Background
Promarkers- China Blue, Cornflour, Blue Pearl, Almond & Putty
Die cut- Tim Holts- Scalloped Edge

Nicole

Kit used - Steampunk & also Ink Splashes Brushes by Sarah Hurley

I used the Steampunk kit and pulled out all the blue elements I fancied out of them. I did need some kraft in there for contrast too! I added the ink splatters as no good creation happens without a bit of a mess, right?!

                                                                             Elaine


I used Gatsby collection, I placed the greeting on a journaling tag in Craft Artist software, then printed this and the matching papers onto card. I placed the greeting journaling tag on 3D tape for dimension. I used pearls as the only embellishments for my CAS card. 



I used Sarah's fabulous Mini Textures Stamps and Faded Jeans Distress Ink to create my background and octagon embellies (which have been glazed).  I repeated the process to make my topper and then stamped the Top Hat from the Love and Marriage Clear Stamp Set.




I used the All Sewn Up kit along with a pom pom from A Few Of My Favourite Things.



I used the Dream a Little Dream stamp set & a tiny glass bottle from Sarah Embellishment packs that I filled with glitter


Lisa

I have used papers from Sarah's Craft Basics Digi Kit and the 'Baby Feet' stamp set Sarah designed for Personal Impressions to make a new baby card



I used papers from Oz and Secret Rose Garden. I used the sentiment from the Expidition kit, and the "Perfect Day" is from this months "A Few Of My Favourite Things Kit". Full details are on my blog.


Candice




I made a fold out ATC book using Sarah's I Love Paris kit which I'm in serious danger of overloading from-just can't stay away from it!You can see more on my blog.


Ger


You have until midnight on the 26th May to get your entries in - good luck!


6 comments:

  1. Fab DT inspiration and thanks for a great challenge hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations by the DT, thanks for the chance to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous DT creations. Thank you for a fabulous challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the challenge and wonderful DT inspiration. Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creations by DT!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a fab challenge and awesome creations by the DT :) Hugs Mimi

    ReplyDelete