Thursday 11 August 2011

Challenge 47 - Stitched up!

Hello there and welcome to another challenge. I'm Jaine and this is my first time choosing the challenge as a DT member and so I've chosen a subject close to my heart - stitching. I just adore using my sewing machine on my paper projects especially when I use a contrasting thread colour. My poor machine gets such a bashing it's a wonder it still works on fabrics.

Anyway, for this challenge I'd like to see any sort of sewing on your projects, from faux stitching using a doodle pen or a few hand made stitches with embroidery thread and needle to full on sewing machine borders or embellishments, anything goes.

As you can see the DT have come up with a varied selection of inspiration pieces so I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.

For my stitched project I've chosen to make a tag using Sarah's spray ink to spray over stars hand cut from sticky plastic. I've printed out the Alice Silhouette from the Wonderland CD rom and use my sewing machine to sew the detail around the outside.


As I had no ink left to print out some lush papers, decided as this is hand stitched would go well for the Challenge! A wee cheeky Sock Monkey


Emma

I used Tim Holtz's Weathered Clock Alteration Die, together with papers and the White Rabbit image from Sarah's Wonderland CD. I then combined real stitching on the "Alice" banner tag and faux stitching, using a fine marker pen to outline the White Rabbit image. I finally added some stamped images from Tim and some hand dyed seam binding.

Claireliz

I used the Oz CD for Dorothy, Toto & the pink patterned paper, I've doodled faux stitching around the edge of the tag & patterned paper, then used running stitch along some lace & pulled it tight to ruffle the lace & I've attached the lace ruffle to the tag with 2 sticky dots.

Clare



I used Sarah's gingham papers from the oz collection. Sarah's flowers and leaves stamps were stamped direct onto the papers. The 3 cross stitches are handmade using a piercing tool and some black cord, not bad for a first attempt lol

Natalie
I used Sarahs teal mist mixed with white acrylic and glitter for this page. I stitched around the photo using embroidery thread.


Sarah

I cheated a little bit as the stitching is already printed on this embellishment from the Christmas Cheer CD! :o)



Post your entry below.



2 comments:

  1. Have one to post, but the link isn't available on here... Hmmm...
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  2. great examples!!! :) and oooooh this was a challenge.....love that wee monkey Melly :)

    ReplyDelete